Yesterday, TreaZon kicked off his DJBooth.net-exclusive 45 Days series with the hard-hitting Final Bout. Since today’s the 5th, it’s time for us to premiere another brand new record from the Cleveland emcee. This time around, TreaZon treats listeners to a trip down memory lane, using a Time Machine to revisit crucial moments in his personal history. After telling his teenage self to stay in school rather than dropping out to pursue a rap career, the emcee makes one last stop to warn his (future) mother that she will suffer abuse if she stays with his (future) father, knowing that, if she heeds his words, he will cease to exist. It’s heavy stuff, and this is the kind of high-concept, emotionally-charged record that could easily be ruined by melodramatic production – luckily, Beatwize strikes the perfect balance between catchy melody and contemplative melancholy, allowing TreaZon’s poignant lyrics to shine. Check back with DJBooth.net on the 14th, when we premiere the next installment of the exclusive 45 Days Series.
Written by richard on 02/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stay in Your Place ft. Drake, GemStones & Dow Jones" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.