Sky-high stacks of cash and expensive cars certainly have their allure, but the artistic grind is hardly the easiest way to make a fortune. So what is it that motivates individuals to lay it all on the line to pursue a musical dream, and to keep it up even when things seem bleakest? On the newly-released lead single off his forthcoming street album, Booth-acclaimed up-and-comer TreaZon reveals that, when the chips are down, it’s The Spirit that gives him the strength to carry on. As usual, the Cleveland native shows an uncanny knack for translating stress into cathartic, emotionally complex rhymes, as well as finding just the right beat to complement a record’s lyrical mood – Crazy Keyz takes the track to church with a low-key but infectiously uplifting blend of strings and choral synths. Very possibly the most inspiring record ever to feature a sample from Dragonball Z (listen till the very end), The Spirit is sure to leave readers hyped for the lyrical insights TreaZon will deliver on Breathe Life 2, out Nov. 10.
Written by richard on 09/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stay in Your Place ft. Drake, GemStones & Dow Jones" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.