In the opening bars of Final Bout, TreaZon welcomes listeners to The 45 Days, an exclusive, DJBooth.net-hosted series that will see the Forest City emcee debuting new records on each day that includes the digits ‘4’ or ‘5.’ This previously-unreleased cut takes its inspiration from a surprising source – the track’s title and instrumental are taken from Dragonball GT: Final Bout, a Playstation game introduced to TreaZon by Bronx rapper Threatz, who steps in for an agile guest verse midway through the record. Featuring a DJed hook by Fate L. and the artist’s own pulse-pounding production, Final Bout proves that TreaZon’s as much of a monster behind the boards as he is on the mic, and should whet listeners’ appetites for the next installment in The 45 Days. Fortunately, you’ll only have to wait till tomorrow, the 5th, for the DJBooth-exclusive premiere of another brand new record from the Cleveland up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stay in Your Place ft. Drake, GemStones & Dow Jones" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.