Though Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills was, sadly, delayed from its scheduled release on March 29, those champing at the bit to get their hands on more new Numonics material can take the edge off with unreleased cut The Beginning, which finds the up-and-coming beatsmith joining forces with longtime Booth favorite (and freestyle series alum), TreaZon. Here, the producer’s pensive strings and piano loops set a determined mood as the Cleveland rapper addresses the ups and downs of the underground grind in vividly poetic, but easily-relatable verses. With TreaZon’s characteristically thought-provoking bars, and Numonics’ multifaceted production, it isn’t difficult to see why both collaborators consider the cut a personal favorite. Though Beginning won’t be appearing on the project, fans can hear new material from a variety of house favorites on Numonics’ hotly-anticipated, Booth-sponsored street album when it arrives on our front page next week.
Written by richard on 04/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stay in Your Place ft. Drake, GemStones & Dow Jones" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.