Based on the life of FBI agent Joseph D. Pistone, ‘97 film Donnie Brasco saw an intrepid G-man infiltrate a prominent crime family, ultimately penetrating so deeply into the organization’s chain of command that he barely extricated himself before becoming a made man. Needless to say, few have the combination of skill, talent and straight-up luck to pull off such a stunt; on the latest world premiere off Treacherous Records forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted compilation, a trio of West Coast rhymesayers tell the story of a covert mission that doesn’t end quite as well for the turncoat in question. Over Tabu‘s clattering street boardwork (complete with context-appropriate samples from the movie), Fashawn steps into the role of hitman “Lefty” Ruggiero, describing how he was befriended by an expert jewel thief, who proceeded to insinuate himself into the family. Once fellow soldier One-2 scents an intruder, however, it’s “187 on an undercover cop.” Ab-Soul rounds out the lineup, taunting the unlucky conspirator on his flowed hook. Watch for one more Booth-exclusive premiere to hit our front page prior to the July 10, arrival of The Mint Room (a separate, retail version of which will be available for purchase on iTunes).
Written by richard on 07/2/12
West coast hip-hop founders Treacherous Records and The DJBooth are proud to present their new compilation album, The Mint Room. Packed with 14 original offerings, including approved singles Back in the Days, Born Go Getta...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back in the Days" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.