TRÉ Williams, the soulful artist who lent his voice to such spiritual stories as The Lox’s I95 and Nas’s Let There Be Light, has long been regarded as just a hook singer. Williams, however, recently signed with Nas’s Ill Will Records, and is slated to release his solo EP, The Depth of My Soul, later this year. On his new single, I See You Coming, Williams hooks up with Nas once again, and together they discuss the plots of conspirators who are envious of their success. Over an ominously up-tempo beat provided by producer Bangout, phone conversations and cellular chirps evoke the same uneasy feeling as The Firm’s Phone Tap; the difference, though, is that Esco and his new signee see their enemies coming.
Written by Erica L. on 05/26/08
Submit your Rating
Chopshop/Ill Will Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.