TRÉ Williams, the soulful artist who lent his voice to such spiritual stories as The Lox’s I95 and Nas’s Let There Be Light, has long been regarded as just a hook singer. Williams, however, recently signed with Nas’s Ill Will Records, and is slated to release his solo EP, The Depth of My Soul, later this year. On his new single, I See You Coming, Williams hooks up with Nas once again, and together they discuss the plots of conspirators who are envious of their success. Over an ominously up-tempo beat provided by producer Bangout, phone conversations and cellular chirps evoke the same uneasy feeling as The Firm’s Phone Tap; the difference, though, is that Esco and his new signee see their enemies coming.
Written by Erica L. on 05/26/08
Submit your Rating
Chopshop/Ill Will Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.