TRÉ Williams, the soulful artist who lent his voice to such spiritual stories as The Lox’s I95 and Nas’s Let There Be Light, has long been regarded as just a hook singer. Williams, however, recently signed with Nas’s Ill Will Records, and is slated to release his solo EP, The Depth of My Soul, later this year. On his new single, I See You Coming, Williams hooks up with Nas once again, and together they discuss the plots of conspirators who are envious of their success. Over an ominously up-tempo beat provided by producer Bangout, phone conversations and cellular chirps evoke the same uneasy feeling as The Firm’s Phone Tap; the difference, though, is that Esco and his new signee see their enemies coming.
Written by Erica L. on 05/26/08
Chopshop/Ill Will Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.