If you happen to have a photographic (Or should that be phonographic?) memory of hip-hop records, you may remember Traxx Trigga as the rhymesayer who joined Angelous on 2012 single Break Bread. Today, the indie buzzmaker finally returns to our pages with a solo feature. Album standout Co-Kane is simultaneously a chronicle of the rapper/producer’s lifelong love affair with music and a tribute to the man who ignited that passion. Over his own shapeshifting production (created under his birth name, Don Michael, Jr.), Traxx describes the impact that hip-hop legend Big Daddy Kane had on his young mind. He ends the cut by urging listeners to follow their own dreams with equal enthusiasm and tenacity. Feeling it? More awaits on Trigga’s Threeday LP, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
Screwface World Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.