If you happen to have a photographic (Or should that be phonographic?) memory of hip-hop records, you may remember Traxx Trigga as the rhymesayer who joined Angelous on 2012 single Break Bread. Today, the indie buzzmaker finally returns to our pages with a solo feature. Album standout Co-Kane is simultaneously a chronicle of the rapper/producer’s lifelong love affair with music and a tribute to the man who ignited that passion. Over his own shapeshifting production (created under his birth name, Don Michael, Jr.), Traxx describes the impact that hip-hop legend Big Daddy Kane had on his young mind. He ends the cut by urging listeners to follow their own dreams with equal enthusiasm and tenacity. Feeling it? More awaits on Trigga’s Threeday LP, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
Screwface World Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.