The summer before I began college, E-40 had a hit where he instructed us on how to Go. Intrigued by the sound, I quickly found super banger Super Hyphy, which was produced by today’s featured artist Traxamillion with his first DJBooth feature as a lead artist. Trax, one of the originators of the Hyphy movement, has decided to push this sound and style further by dropping off Boy, featuring fellow Yay Area residents Clyde Carson and Ya Boy. While all three artists take turns laying down solid flows and instantly unique lyrics, Boy‘s production groundwork features staple sounds of the hyphy movement, including sharp drums with a snap and heavy synths. Boy is the first single to Trax’s upcoming album, MY Radio, scheduled for a June 12 release and also featuring Travis Barker, Paul Wall, Jay Rock and more.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/10/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.