The summer before I began college, E-40 had a hit where he instructed us on how to Go. Intrigued by the sound, I quickly found super banger Super Hyphy, which was produced by today’s featured artist Traxamillion with his first DJBooth feature as a lead artist. Trax, one of the originators of the Hyphy movement, has decided to push this sound and style further by dropping off Boy, featuring fellow Yay Area residents Clyde Carson and Ya Boy. While all three artists take turns laying down solid flows and instantly unique lyrics, Boy‘s production groundwork features staple sounds of the hyphy movement, including sharp drums with a snap and heavy synths. Boy is the first single to Trax’s upcoming album, MY Radio, scheduled for a June 12 release and also featuring Travis Barker, Paul Wall, Jay Rock and more.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/10/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.