Quick quiz: what’s the only thing better than being a millionaire? Yep, you guessed it, being a Billionaire. (Although I don’t know what a billion will get you that several million won’t. Your own tropical island?) Anyway, here with some horrible financial advice but good music is Travis McCoy (a.k.a. the dude from Gym Class Heroes with all the tattoos who’s now on Nappy Boy) and crooner Bruno Mars (a.k.a. the dude who sang the hook on B.o.B.’s Nothin on You). Crafted around some acoustic guitar driven ska/reggae/folk rock production from Ari Levine (of The Smeezingtons) and Mars, Billionaire isn’t just McCoy’s (very) expensive Christmas list, it’s an ode to the power of money to change lives; I believe McCoy when he says that he’d help New Orleans residents more than FEMA. So how about it Booth? Does McCoy have the musical wealth to start watching royalty checks with nine zeroes come pouring in? We’ll find out for sure when his album Lazarus drops on June 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/10
Submit your Rating
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.