Quick quiz: what’s the only thing better than being a millionaire? Yep, you guessed it, being a Billionaire. (Although I don’t know what a billion will get you that several million won’t. Your own tropical island?) Anyway, here with some horrible financial advice but good music is Travis McCoy (a.k.a. the dude from Gym Class Heroes with all the tattoos who’s now on Nappy Boy) and crooner Bruno Mars (a.k.a. the dude who sang the hook on B.o.B.’s Nothin on You). Crafted around some acoustic guitar driven ska/reggae/folk rock production from Ari Levine (of The Smeezingtons) and Mars, Billionaire isn’t just McCoy’s (very) expensive Christmas list, it’s an ode to the power of money to change lives; I believe McCoy when he says that he’d help New Orleans residents more than FEMA. So how about it Booth? Does McCoy have the musical wealth to start watching royalty checks with nine zeroes come pouring in? We’ll find out for sure when his album Lazarus drops on June 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/9/10
Submit your Rating
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.