Last September, alt-R&B buzzmaker Travis Garland invited listeners to take a dip in the Motel Pool. Our readers happily obliged, awarding his debut feature a lofty 4.5-star average rating. The better part of a year later, the Texan crooner returns to take us on another journey—this time, to the sunny West Coast. Garland’s rendition of Lana Del Rey‘s Ultraviolence lead single trades the original’s smoky instrumental backdrop for something a little sleeker. Over a moody synth/sample beat peppered with trap hi-hats, the artist offers a lyrically overhauled, but equally sultry take on Lana’s original verses and hook. This remix isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Travis Garland’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Motel Pool" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.