Last September, alt-R&B buzzmaker Travis Garland invited listeners to take a dip in the Motel Pool. Our readers happily obliged, awarding his debut feature a lofty 4.5-star average rating. The better part of a year later, the Texan crooner returns to take us on another journey—this time, to the sunny West Coast. Garland’s rendition of Lana Del Rey‘s Ultraviolence lead single trades the original’s smoky instrumental backdrop for something a little sleeker. Over a moody synth/sample beat peppered with trap hi-hats, the artist offers a lyrically overhauled, but equally sultry take on Lana’s original verses and hook. This remix isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Travis Garland’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Motel Pool" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.