Wondering what the hell Travis Garland‘s latest single has to do with children’s TV legend Mr. Rogers? Yeah, I was, too. Just set the question on the back burner, because it’ll all make sense in the end. With that said, the West Coast (Remix) singer/songwriter spends most of the record crooning lines that I couldn’t imagine coming out the mouth of the man who sang It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Over his own throbbing bass and synth swirls, Garland calls out a woman in his life for being a “f*cking sh*tty friend” and letting him down when he needed her most. This caustic, yet ear-pleasing jam is slated for inclusion on the artist’s upcoming Indie Legends LP. Keep it locked for the latest on the set, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Motel Pool" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.