Wondering what the hell Travis Garland‘s latest single has to do with children’s TV legend Mr. Rogers? Yeah, I was, too. Just set the question on the back burner, because it’ll all make sense in the end. With that said, the West Coast (Remix) singer/songwriter spends most of the record crooning lines that I couldn’t imagine coming out the mouth of the man who sang It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Over his own throbbing bass and synth swirls, Garland calls out a woman in his life for being a “f*cking sh*tty friend” and letting him down when he needed her most. This caustic, yet ear-pleasing jam is slated for inclusion on the artist’s upcoming Indie Legends LP. Keep it locked for the latest on the set, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Motel Pool" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.