As a relative newcomer to the game, Travis Garland doesn’t have the finances to take his girl on an exotic vacation. But who needs the Bahamas, when a dip in the Motel Pool is just as romantic and several orders of magnitude cheaper? OK, “romantic” might seem like a stretch, but the Lubbock, Texas newcomer makes it sound pretty damn sensual on this freshly-released LP standout. An atmospheric synth instrumental by beat crew Stereotypes sets the mood as Garland tantalizes his woman with promises of a low-budget getaway. With the vocal prowess he showcases here, I have a feeling it won’t be long before he’s looking at pricier travel options. Fans can hear more from Garland on his self-titled studio album, out now on Stinkface Music.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Coast (Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.