As a relative newcomer to the game, Travis Garland doesn’t have the finances to take his girl on an exotic vacation. But who needs the Bahamas, when a dip in the Motel Pool is just as romantic and several orders of magnitude cheaper? OK, “romantic” might seem like a stretch, but the Lubbock, Texas newcomer makes it sound pretty damn sensual on this freshly-released LP standout. An atmospheric synth instrumental by beat crew Stereotypes sets the mood as Garland tantalizes his woman with promises of a low-budget getaway. With the vocal prowess he showcases here, I have a feeling it won’t be long before he’s looking at pricier travel options. Fans can hear more from Garland on his self-titled studio album, out now on Stinkface Music.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Coast (Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.