The previous singles off Yelawolf and Travis Barker‘s newly-released collaborative EP, Whistle Dixie and Push Em, saw the Gadsen, Alabama rhymesayer combining his grimy, aggressive aesthetic with the Blink-182 member’s full-bore percussion assault to create a high-energy, frequently abrasive fusion of hip-hop and punk. Now, with the project out on store shelves, the duo are hoping to pique our interest with something a little different than what we’ve heard to date. 6 Feet Underground is a slow-rolling selection with a reggae feel. Yelawolf switches his vocal style up to match Barker’s Caribbean grooves, adopting a lazy, melodic flow as he informs competitors what awaits them if they step. Tim Armstrong, CEO of Epitaph Records as well as a member of such celebrated punk and ska bands as Rancid and Operation Ivy, provides guest vocals as well as directing the cut’s official visuals. Released earlier this month, Psycho White is available now for purchase via iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.