The previous singles off Yelawolf and Travis Barker‘s newly-released collaborative EP, Whistle Dixie and Push Em, saw the Gadsen, Alabama rhymesayer combining his grimy, aggressive aesthetic with the Blink-182 member’s full-bore percussion assault to create a high-energy, frequently abrasive fusion of hip-hop and punk. Now, with the project out on store shelves, the duo are hoping to pique our interest with something a little different than what we’ve heard to date. 6 Feet Underground is a slow-rolling selection with a reggae feel. Yelawolf switches his vocal style up to match Barker’s Caribbean grooves, adopting a lazy, melodic flow as he informs competitors what awaits them if they step. Tim Armstrong, CEO of Epitaph Records as well as a member of such celebrated punk and ska bands as Rancid and Operation Ivy, provides guest vocals as well as directing the cut’s official visuals. Released earlier this month, Psycho White is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.