The previous singles off Yelawolf and Travis Barker‘s newly-released collaborative EP, Whistle Dixie and Push Em, saw the Gadsen, Alabama rhymesayer combining his grimy, aggressive aesthetic with the Blink-182 member’s full-bore percussion assault to create a high-energy, frequently abrasive fusion of hip-hop and punk. Now, with the project out on store shelves, the duo are hoping to pique our interest with something a little different than what we’ve heard to date. 6 Feet Underground is a slow-rolling selection with a reggae feel. Yelawolf switches his vocal style up to match Barker’s Caribbean grooves, adopting a lazy, melodic flow as he informs competitors what awaits them if they step. Tim Armstrong, CEO of Epitaph Records as well as a member of such celebrated punk and ska bands as Rancid and Operation Ivy, provides guest vocals as well as directing the cut’s official visuals. Released earlier this month, Psycho White is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.