Understandably, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker will not be joining his band on their upcoming Australian tour, admitting recently that he has yet to get over the horrific plane crash he experience in 2008, which claimed the lives of four. Thankfully, however, the talented drummer has no qualms about hopping in the studio with Yelawolf. Funky Sh*t, the latest release from the duo, comes in the form of a sketched/animated video, bringing Yela’s off the wall lyrics, delivered with his signature machine gun flow, to life. Barker’s skills go beyond the snares and high-hats, as he produces a track that provides Yela with a chaotic, multi-faceted beat. In case it was not clear before, Barker is far more than just a drummer. You can Funky Sh*t and previous singles “Whistle Dixie” and “Push Em” on the twosome’s collaborative EP, Psycho White, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)