Understandably, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker will not be joining his band on their upcoming Australian tour, admitting recently that he has yet to get over the horrific plane crash he experience in 2008, which claimed the lives of four. Thankfully, however, the talented drummer has no qualms about hopping in the studio with Yelawolf. Funky Sh*t, the latest release from the duo, comes in the form of a sketched/animated video, bringing Yela’s off the wall lyrics, delivered with his signature machine gun flow, to life. Barker’s skills go beyond the snares and high-hats, as he produces a track that provides Yela with a chaotic, multi-faceted beat. In case it was not clear before, Barker is far more than just a drummer. You can Funky Sh*t and previous singles “Whistle Dixie” and “Push Em” on the twosome’s collaborative EP, Psycho White, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.