Understandably, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker will not be joining his band on their upcoming Australian tour, admitting recently that he has yet to get over the horrific plane crash he experience in 2008, which claimed the lives of four. Thankfully, however, the talented drummer has no qualms about hopping in the studio with Yelawolf. Funky Sh*t, the latest release from the duo, comes in the form of a sketched/animated video, bringing Yela’s off the wall lyrics, delivered with his signature machine gun flow, to life. Barker’s skills go beyond the snares and high-hats, as he produces a track that provides Yela with a chaotic, multi-faceted beat. In case it was not clear before, Barker is far more than just a drummer. You can Funky Sh*t and previous singles “Whistle Dixie” and “Push Em” on the twosome’s collaborative EP, Psycho White, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.