Considering Travis Barker‘s solo debut dropped way back in March, those who have yet to pick up the project can be safely categorized as slowpokes. Fortunately, the latest single off the project should be just the thing to light a fire under your sedentary posterior. On Let’s Go, the Blink-182 drummer recruits three of the game’s most acrobatic spitters, and Lil Jon, for a musical celebration of all things adrenaline-pumping. Barker provides an appropriately bruising backdrop for the lyrical carnage; over the headliner’s bruising percussion and nu-metal riffage, Busta Rhymes, Yelawolf and Twista take turns showing off their mic-meltingest flows. While I’ll let Booth readers decide who came out on top, you can’t deny the freshness of Yela’s culinary imagery: ” Drive-by, hit you with a two-piece combo while I’m hangin’ out the window of your daddy’s Lambo / Scrambled eggs, I got scrambled ammo, leave you on top of the water like a banana boat.” Or maybe I’m just hungry. Whatever the case may be, fans of high-energy, genre-blending jams should run to their local record store and pick up a copy of Give the Drummer Some posthaste. Before you go, though, be sure to peep this cut’s official video.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.