Considering Travis Barker‘s solo debut dropped way back in March, those who have yet to pick up the project can be safely categorized as slowpokes. Fortunately, the latest single off the project should be just the thing to light a fire under your sedentary posterior. On Let’s Go, the Blink-182 drummer recruits three of the game’s most acrobatic spitters, and Lil Jon, for a musical celebration of all things adrenaline-pumping. Barker provides an appropriately bruising backdrop for the lyrical carnage; over the headliner’s bruising percussion and nu-metal riffage, Busta Rhymes, Yelawolf and Twista take turns showing off their mic-meltingest flows. While I’ll let Booth readers decide who came out on top, you can’t deny the freshness of Yela’s culinary imagery: ” Drive-by, hit you with a two-piece combo while I’m hangin’ out the window of your daddy’s Lambo / Scrambled eggs, I got scrambled ammo, leave you on top of the water like a banana boat.” Or maybe I’m just hungry. Whatever the case may be, fans of high-energy, genre-blending jams should run to their local record store and pick up a copy of Give the Drummer Some posthaste. Before you go, though, be sure to peep this cut’s official video.
Written by richard on 08/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.