Considering Travis Barker‘s solo debut dropped way back in March, those who have yet to pick up the project can be safely categorized as slowpokes. Fortunately, the latest single off the project should be just the thing to light a fire under your sedentary posterior. On Let’s Go, the Blink-182 drummer recruits three of the game’s most acrobatic spitters, and Lil Jon, for a musical celebration of all things adrenaline-pumping. Barker provides an appropriately bruising backdrop for the lyrical carnage; over the headliner’s bruising percussion and nu-metal riffage, Busta Rhymes, Yelawolf and Twista take turns showing off their mic-meltingest flows. While I’ll let Booth readers decide who came out on top, you can’t deny the freshness of Yela’s culinary imagery: ” Drive-by, hit you with a two-piece combo while I’m hangin’ out the window of your daddy’s Lambo / Scrambled eggs, I got scrambled ammo, leave you on top of the water like a banana boat.” Or maybe I’m just hungry. Whatever the case may be, fans of high-energy, genre-blending jams should run to their local record store and pick up a copy of Give the Drummer Some posthaste. Before you go, though, be sure to peep this cut’s official video.
Written by richard on 08/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.