Warning: prior to listening to this song you must be in a good mood. Actually, even if you’re not in a joyous mood before pressing play on Travie McCoy’s new single, We’ll Be Alright, you may experience sudden feelings of euphoria weaving their way through your bloodstream. Crafted by The Smeezingtons & Stereotypes, the instrumentation on Be Alright is so reminiscent of the Beach Boys even Alaskan listeners will be getting out their sunscreen. Although he still carries his same fun and sincere personality, Travie’s voice sounds completely different here from the majority of his catalog (see Billionaire), and for some reason it works. A feel good hit, Be Alright is so fun and exciting that you have to wonder what made its maker so ecstatic; this couldn’t have possibly been created after waking up on a Monday morning. Regardless, I think it’s safe to say that this song will have Travie fans hitting the beaches with their boom box blasting Lazarus after it drops on June 8. Will the Booth echo these positive sentiments? That’s up to you.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/19/10
Submit your Rating
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.