Warning: prior to listening to this song you must be in a good mood. Actually, even if you’re not in a joyous mood before pressing play on Travie McCoy’s new single, We’ll Be Alright, you may experience sudden feelings of euphoria weaving their way through your bloodstream. Crafted by The Smeezingtons & Stereotypes, the instrumentation on Be Alright is so reminiscent of the Beach Boys even Alaskan listeners will be getting out their sunscreen. Although he still carries his same fun and sincere personality, Travie’s voice sounds completely different here from the majority of his catalog (see Billionaire), and for some reason it works. A feel good hit, Be Alright is so fun and exciting that you have to wonder what made its maker so ecstatic; this couldn’t have possibly been created after waking up on a Monday morning. Regardless, I think it’s safe to say that this song will have Travie fans hitting the beaches with their boom box blasting Lazarus after it drops on June 8. Will the Booth echo these positive sentiments? That’s up to you.
Listen to More: Travis "Travie" McCoy
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/19/10
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.