Unless Jay and Beyoncé adopt him, becoming a billionaire’s probably out of the question, but if pervasively tattooed Travie McCoy keeps making hits like his lead single Billionaire fame and wealth undoubtedly await, and it turns out Mr. McCoy isn’t the only one with ten figure dreams; formerly-imprisoned Gucci Mane and McCoy’s Nappy Boy mentor T-Pain are also chasing big budget dreams on the Billionaire (Remix). While Travie’s verse work and Bruno Mars’ insanely catchy hook remain untouched, somewhat unfortunately, here the original’s Ari Levine and Bruno Mars production is substantially stripped down, while Pain tacks on a typically humorous and Auto Tuned guest verse (do I want to know what his ball cleaner does?) and Gucci, well, does what Gucci does (it’s the only thing he knows how to do). Personally I don’t feel like it’s any contest - the original’s much better, but I’m sure that, as always, the rest of the Booth will set me straight if I’m wrong. Travie’s pretty damn good new album Lazarus, which does not contain the Billionaire Remix, is available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/15/10
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.