Unless Jay and Beyoncé adopt him, becoming a billionaire’s probably out of the question, but if pervasively tattooed Travie McCoy keeps making hits like his lead single Billionaire fame and wealth undoubtedly await, and it turns out Mr. McCoy isn’t the only one with ten figure dreams; formerly-imprisoned Gucci Mane and McCoy’s Nappy Boy mentor T-Pain are also chasing big budget dreams on the Billionaire (Remix). While Travie’s verse work and Bruno Mars’ insanely catchy hook remain untouched, somewhat unfortunately, here the original’s Ari Levine and Bruno Mars production is substantially stripped down, while Pain tacks on a typically humorous and Auto Tuned guest verse (do I want to know what his ball cleaner does?) and Gucci, well, does what Gucci does (it’s the only thing he knows how to do). Personally I don’t feel like it’s any contest - the original’s much better, but I’m sure that, as always, the rest of the Booth will set me straight if I’m wrong. Travie’s pretty damn good new album Lazarus, which does not contain the Billionaire Remix, is available now.
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.