Unless Jay and Beyoncé adopt him, becoming a billionaire’s probably out of the question, but if pervasively tattooed Travie McCoy keeps making hits like his lead single Billionaire fame and wealth undoubtedly await, and it turns out Mr. McCoy isn’t the only one with ten figure dreams; formerly-imprisoned Gucci Mane and McCoy’s Nappy Boy mentor T-Pain are also chasing big budget dreams on the Billionaire (Remix). While Travie’s verse work and Bruno Mars’ insanely catchy hook remain untouched, somewhat unfortunately, here the original’s Ari Levine and Bruno Mars production is substantially stripped down, while Pain tacks on a typically humorous and Auto Tuned guest verse (do I want to know what his ball cleaner does?) and Gucci, well, does what Gucci does (it’s the only thing he knows how to do). Personally I don’t feel like it’s any contest - the original’s much better, but I’m sure that, as always, the rest of the Booth will set me straight if I’m wrong. Travie’s pretty damn good new album Lazarus, which does not contain the Billionaire Remix, is available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/15/10
Submit your Rating
Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Know Your Name" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.