Universal Republic has played a major role in bringing mainstream hip-hop out of Dallas, Texas. First Big Tuck revealed Tha Absolute Truth in 2006, and then his T-Town brother Tum Tum dropped Eat or Get Ate in 2007. Now, as 2008 fast approaches, Dallas’ Trap Starz prepare to release their major-label debut, Hood Depot. The project’s first single is the remix to underground hit, Get It Big. Assisting them is fellow Texan Chamillionaire, who returns to the pimp talk we last heard from on Grown & Sexy. Get your candy-paint ready; the Texas takeover continues when Hood Depot is released on February 19th.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
High 4 Life Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)