When you jump into an industry as ruthless as the music game, you can expect to undergo a little Wear and Tear on your way to stardom. Tranzformer, for one, isn’t afraid of accruing a few battle scars; on his first solo feature, the Brown Bag All Stars beatsmith crafts a steely, guitar-sampled instrumental to back NYC-repping site regular AWKWORD and Los Angeles spitter Tenacity as they reflect with pride on the ravages of their hustle. In addition to copping Transzformer’s Raw & Homemade III project, out now via the artist’s Bandcamp, fans can hear more of his recent work on AWK’s Metal Music (off the forthcoming, Booth-hosted World View) and Koncept‘s Hear, Hun?.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.