Didn’t make it to the shore this summer? There’s still time to jump In the Sea with Translee. This freshly-minted promo cut, the ATL-based buzzmaker’s first feature since blessing our pages with Nothin back in 2012, is every bit as mellow and wavy as its title suggests. Beat Attikz man the mixing boards, superimposing glowing synths and vocal samples over a languid rhythm section as the artist transitions fluidly (horrible pun intended) between sung vocals and rapped bars. Think that Translee’s “the best [out of] Alabama since the Commodores?” Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further news and tunes from the Digital Nativ3 signee.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
Digital Nativ3 Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.