Didn’t make it to the shore this summer? There’s still time to jump In the Sea with Translee. This freshly-minted promo cut, the ATL-based buzzmaker’s first feature since blessing our pages with Nothin back in 2012, is every bit as mellow and wavy as its title suggests. Beat Attikz man the mixing boards, superimposing glowing synths and vocal samples over a languid rhythm section as the artist transitions fluidly (horrible pun intended) between sung vocals and rapped bars. Think that Translee’s “the best [out of] Alabama since the Commodores?” Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further news and tunes from the Digital Nativ3 signee.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
Digital Nativ3 Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.