Didn’t make it to the shore this summer? There’s still time to jump In the Sea with Translee. This freshly-minted promo cut, the ATL-based buzzmaker’s first feature since blessing our pages with Nothin back in 2012, is every bit as mellow and wavy as its title suggests. Beat Attikz man the mixing boards, superimposing glowing synths and vocal samples over a languid rhythm section as the artist transitions fluidly (horrible pun intended) between sung vocals and rapped bars. Think that Translee’s “the best [out of] Alabama since the Commodores?” Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further news and tunes from the Digital Nativ3 signee.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
Digital Nativ3 Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.