Didn’t make it to the shore this summer? There’s still time to jump In the Sea with Translee. This freshly-minted promo cut, the ATL-based buzzmaker’s first feature since blessing our pages with Nothin back in 2012, is every bit as mellow and wavy as its title suggests. Beat Attikz man the mixing boards, superimposing glowing synths and vocal samples over a languid rhythm section as the artist transitions fluidly (horrible pun intended) between sung vocals and rapped bars. Think that Translee’s “the best [out of] Alabama since the Commodores?” Then you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for further news and tunes from the Digital Nativ3 signee.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
Submit your Rating
Digital Nativ3 Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.