In a time of unrest, inequality and political polarization, it’s easy to spend more time thinking about the people and things we hate than the ones we’re grateful for. On his latest mixtape single, Translee takes a look at the negativity surrounding him and wonders, “Does Anybody Love anymore?” Sent to us by heavyweight beatsmith Mr. Collipark, who’s been collaborating with the Huntsville rhymesayer, this newly-released mixtape single finds ‘RelDK crafting a low-key synth beat to back the headliner as he shakes his head at the bitter, superficial tone of public discourse: “We hate our way of life, but won’t do nothing to change it / and dreams of bein’ famous only thing that seem amazing.” A paean to the healing power of love isn’t complete without an R&B guest feature, and this jam boasts not one but two: 368 Music Group mainstay Raheem Devaughn and Cee-Lo protégé Eddy Fontane flank the headliner, contributing a silky-smooth chorus as well as backing vocals throughout the cut. Translee’s Occupy Greg Street tape has yet to receive a drop date, but those digging it can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
Submit your Rating
Digital Nativ3 Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.