In a time of unrest, inequality and political polarization, it’s easy to spend more time thinking about the people and things we hate than the ones we’re grateful for. On his latest mixtape single, Translee takes a look at the negativity surrounding him and wonders, “Does Anybody Love anymore?” Sent to us by heavyweight beatsmith Mr. Collipark, who’s been collaborating with the Huntsville rhymesayer, this newly-released mixtape single finds ‘RelDK crafting a low-key synth beat to back the headliner as he shakes his head at the bitter, superficial tone of public discourse: “We hate our way of life, but won’t do nothing to change it / and dreams of bein’ famous only thing that seem amazing.” A paean to the healing power of love isn’t complete without an R&B guest feature, and this jam boasts not one but two: 368 Music Group mainstay Raheem Devaughn and Cee-Lo protégé Eddy Fontane flank the headliner, contributing a silky-smooth chorus as well as backing vocals throughout the cut. Translee’s Occupy Greg Street tape has yet to receive a drop date, but those digging it can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/18/12
Submit your Rating
Digital Nativ3 Culture
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.