Since Trae the Truth did a feature on Wiz Khalifa’s Cabin Fever mixtape (the banging Phone Numbers), it was only fair for Wiz to return the favor on Trae’s new song Gettin Paid. Produced by VDon, who has also worked with such acts as Smoke DZA and Vado, the song starts out clustered with a lot going on at once, all shadowed by a long and loud piano note that is borderline creepy. However, Paid seems to instantly come together when Trae starts spitting his low toned, fast paced style. With the slower instrumental, Trae is able to change is flow multiple times and really ride well with the beat, reminding me of some early No Limit. Wiz, however is a different story. While his loyal fans may disagree, for me Wiz’s bars aren’t horrible, but he just doesn’t seem to fit the song well and his flow sounds a little off. Overall though, this is a solid record, and a good indication of what Trae’s new DJ Whoo Kid mixtape will bump like when it finally drops, whenever that proves to be.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.