Since Trae the Truth did a feature on Wiz Khalifa’s Cabin Fever mixtape (the banging Phone Numbers), it was only fair for Wiz to return the favor on Trae’s new song Gettin Paid. Produced by VDon, who has also worked with such acts as Smoke DZA and Vado, the song starts out clustered with a lot going on at once, all shadowed by a long and loud piano note that is borderline creepy. However, Paid seems to instantly come together when Trae starts spitting his low toned, fast paced style. With the slower instrumental, Trae is able to change is flow multiple times and really ride well with the beat, reminding me of some early No Limit. Wiz, however is a different story. While his loyal fans may disagree, for me Wiz’s bars aren’t horrible, but he just doesn’t seem to fit the song well and his flow sounds a little off. Overall though, this is a solid record, and a good indication of what Trae’s new DJ Whoo Kid mixtape will bump like when it finally drops, whenever that proves to be.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.