Have you heard the expression “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours”? For Trae The Truth and Future, it’s not just an expression, but rather words they live by. Last week, Future released visuals for his Long Live The Pimp street single, which features a guest spot from Trae. Returning that favor, Trae has invited Future to join him on his own new street single, the H-Town patented Screwed Up. Considering how well their two differing styles compliment one other, it wouldn’t surprise me to see the artists record more material together in the near future. The ABN veteran showcases a gritty, accelerated flow, which sounds even deeper and harder hitting when accentuated by Future’s heavily Auto-Tuned performance. Screwed Up is a loosie, and doesn’t currently belong to a larger project, but I am sure we will see one, if not both, of these artists reach the DJBooth sometime again in the near future.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.