Every now and then you get the occasional, questionable music video which in no way shape or form matches the content of the song it visualizes. For example, a song about getting high probably shouldn’t be accompanied by a music video consisting of you going scuba diving. With that being
written kudos to Houston spitter Trae The Truth for the visuals to his newest single Rollin’. The veteran emcee is quite literally rollin’ around in his Steven Philip-directed music video, which finds Trae riding around in his city in a pimped out Cadillac (are those rims even legal?). With the laid-back nature of the Platinum Hands-produced record, the Houston cityscape paired with the Texas representer’s mellow joyride make for an ideal visual companion for the song. Rollin’ can be found on the Trae’s newly-released Tha Blackprint project alongside past features including I Do This and I’m From Texas.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.