Houston is no longer as powerful a force in the hip-hop game as it was back in the mid-2000s, but Bun B, Paul Wall, and countless other brave souls have never stopped fighting to keep their city in the national spotlight. One of the most courageous Generals in H-town’s ranks, Trae Tha Truth leads his troops into battle on this new joint, one of two just-released singles off his forthcoming sixth studio album. Over Rockaway Productions’ epic, string-drenched boardwork, the veteran emcee launches a full-bore lyrical assault, peppering the enemy forces with aggressive boasts and reveling in his past triumphs: “I’m a survivor, ‘cause I survived everything that they told me would kill me / Plus I came from the bottom, a bona fide underdog, tell ‘em they gon’ have to feel me.” Day26 member Bryan Angel provides supporting fire in the form of smooth guest vocals, tying the record together with a memorable chorus. Trae’s emerged from this battle victorious, but will he win the war? We’ll have to wait till September 28, when his Can’t Ban Tha Truth LP hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.