Houston is no longer as powerful a force in the hip-hop game as it was back in the mid-2000s, but Bun B, Paul Wall, and countless other brave souls have never stopped fighting to keep their city in the national spotlight. One of the most courageous Generals in H-town’s ranks, Trae Tha Truth leads his troops into battle on this new joint, one of two just-released singles off his forthcoming sixth studio album. Over Rockaway Productions’ epic, string-drenched boardwork, the veteran emcee launches a full-bore lyrical assault, peppering the enemy forces with aggressive boasts and reveling in his past triumphs: “I’m a survivor, ‘cause I survived everything that they told me would kill me / Plus I came from the bottom, a bona fide underdog, tell ‘em they gon’ have to feel me.” Day26 member Bryan Angel provides supporting fire in the form of smooth guest vocals, tying the record together with a memorable chorus. Trae’s emerged from this battle victorious, but will he win the war? We’ll have to wait till September 28, when his Can’t Ban Tha Truth LP hits online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)