We all need music that makes us think, makes us feel, makes us aspire to be better people, but sometimes…sometimes you just want to turn up the volume until your neighbor’s windows start shaking, and when you’re in a mood like that you’d be hard pressed to do better than Trae’s latest track Inkredible. The real star of this show is the beat, a booming affair that combines A Milli-esque percussion with frantic strings courtesy of Mr. Inkredible (whose work was so good Trae apparently named the track after him), but the song’s lyrical contributions are pretty damn good too, with Trae delivering a classically raspy verse followed in short order by a good-but-not-great Weezy entry (although the Charlie Weis line had me laughing out loud) and a surprisingly up-tempo contribution from Mr. Rick Ross. Pardon the pun in advance, but if you’re looking for something to blow out your speakers Inkredible is the truth; much like Trae’s upcoming album Tha Truth, set to drop on March 16.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Tha Hood ft. Yung Joc" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.