As I’ve remarked many times before, today’s hip-hop game has become a veritable air show, with countless emcees taking the connection between flight and the effects of killer weed as an excuse to, well, get high while they get high (I don’t need to tell y’all that actually flying a plane under the influence is a bad idea, do I?). The latest act to take a few hits of quality kush and let their rhymes take wing, Fly Society-affiliated Booth newcomers Trademark Skydiver & Young Roddy indulge in a little blunted jet-setting on newly-reworked cut Pilots. While you’d think that smoke in the cockpit would impair visibility, the New Orleans emcee and his Kenner-repping copilot handle themselves like pros, lacing Cookin Soul‘s appropriately hazy string/brass samples with deadpan rhymes on the topics of women, currency and – of course – the herb. Whether or not you partake, this tag-team’s aerial gymnastics make for an eminently enjoyable ride. Like what you’re hearing? Trademark & Roddy’s Jet Life to the Next Life mixtape, sponsored by our friends at 2DopeBoyz.com, has yet to receive a drop date, but you’ll be the first to know when a flight schedule’s been established.
Written by richard on 03/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"1st Place" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.