Last week, we got to hear Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. put their mark on UK pop-soul group Go West’s 1985 UK hit, Goodbye Girl. For the latest world premiere off their DJBooth-hosted covers EP, the collaborators travel a few more years backward in their favorite decade to take on Nothing Looks the Same, a 1983 single from George Michael-fronted duo Wham! As you’d expect, the material is a natural fit for O.A.K. and Track, who update the lovelorn jam with soul-infused vocals and a funkier, more prominent rhythm section. Fans will be able to find this and many more fresh reimaginings of pop classics on Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op, scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download Monday, December 10.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)