Last week, we got to hear Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. put their mark on UK pop-soul group Go West’s 1985 UK hit, Goodbye Girl. For the latest world premiere off their DJBooth-hosted covers EP, the collaborators travel a few more years backward in their favorite decade to take on Nothing Looks the Same, a 1983 single from George Michael-fronted duo Wham! As you’d expect, the material is a natural fit for O.A.K. and Track, who update the lovelorn jam with soul-infused vocals and a funkier, more prominent rhythm section. Fans will be able to find this and many more fresh reimaginings of pop classics on Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op, scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download Monday, December 10.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.