Last week, we got to hear Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. put their mark on UK pop-soul group Go West’s 1985 UK hit, Goodbye Girl. For the latest world premiere off their DJBooth-hosted covers EP, the collaborators travel a few more years backward in their favorite decade to take on Nothing Looks the Same, a 1983 single from George Michael-fronted duo Wham! As you’d expect, the material is a natural fit for O.A.K. and Track, who update the lovelorn jam with soul-infused vocals and a funkier, more prominent rhythm section. Fans will be able to find this and many more fresh reimaginings of pop classics on Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op, scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download Monday, December 10.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.