Last week, we got to hear Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. put their mark on UK pop-soul group Go West’s 1985 UK hit, Goodbye Girl. For the latest world premiere off their DJBooth-hosted covers EP, the collaborators travel a few more years backward in their favorite decade to take on Nothing Looks the Same, a 1983 single from George Michael-fronted duo Wham! As you’d expect, the material is a natural fit for O.A.K. and Track, who update the lovelorn jam with soul-infused vocals and a funkier, more prominent rhythm section. Fans will be able to find this and many more fresh reimaginings of pop classics on Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op, scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download Monday, December 10.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.