Last week, we got to hear Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. put their mark on UK pop-soul group Go West’s 1985 UK hit, Goodbye Girl. For the latest world premiere off their DJBooth-hosted covers EP, the collaborators travel a few more years backward in their favorite decade to take on Nothing Looks the Same, a 1983 single from George Michael-fronted duo Wham! As you’d expect, the material is a natural fit for O.A.K. and Track, who update the lovelorn jam with soul-infused vocals and a funkier, more prominent rhythm section. Fans will be able to find this and many more fresh reimaginings of pop classics on Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op, scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download Monday, December 10.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.