Absent from our pages since he stepped into the Booth with the exasperated Stop It! back in October of 2010, Bay Area emcee Trackademicks makes his triumphant return to our pages with Halfway, single number two off his forthcoming sophomore set. Here, Track’s slinky synth production sets the stage for his own flirtatious bars, as well as the guest vocals of Little Brother alum Phonte and frequent collaborator Carlitta Durand. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for details on Track’s forthcoming The Champagne Room LP, which as-yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 08/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.