Ever the smooth operator, Trackademicks knows exactly what to say to set a romantic prospect at ease. Fresh off asking a chick to “meet [him] Halfway” on his last feature, the Bay Area rapper/producer busts out the “I just wanna Chill” line on his latest effort, a new single off his just-released album, Fresh Coastin’. In keeping with the project’s theme, Track keeps it light and breezy behind the boards; with his swirling synth chords and crisp percussion banging in the back, the headliner extends an open offer to a girl who’s interested, but hesitant to get intimate. Phonte and Freddie Gibbs lend their guest bars to the record, the Gary, Indiana gangsta showcasing unusual smoothness (”Ain’t stressin’ to get you nekkid, but I ain’t trippin’ if it happen though.”) as he eases a woman’s reservations about his line of work, while the Little Brother alum sips
Riesling as he spits game to a sexy law student. Complete with a seductive chorus by HNRL‘s 1-O.A.K., this is just one of many summery selections to be found on Fresh Coast, out now. In addition, fans should keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the Sept. 27, arrival of Track’s highly-anticipated LP, The Champagne Room.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.