Ever the smooth operator, Trackademicks knows exactly what to say to set a romantic prospect at ease. Fresh off asking a chick to “meet [him] Halfway” on his last feature, the Bay Area rapper/producer busts out the “I just wanna Chill” line on his latest effort, a new single off his just-released album, Fresh Coastin’. In keeping with the project’s theme, Track keeps it light and breezy behind the boards; with his swirling synth chords and crisp percussion banging in the back, the headliner extends an open offer to a girl who’s interested, but hesitant to get intimate. Phonte and Freddie Gibbs lend their guest bars to the record, the Gary, Indiana gangsta showcasing unusual smoothness (”Ain’t stressin’ to get you nekkid, but I ain’t trippin’ if it happen though.”) as he eases a woman’s reservations about his line of work, while the Little Brother alum sips
Riesling as he spits game to a sexy law student. Complete with a seductive chorus by HNRL‘s 1-O.A.K., this is just one of many summery selections to be found on Fresh Coast, out now. In addition, fans should keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the Sept. 27, arrival of Track’s highly-anticipated LP, The Champagne Room.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.