Ever the smooth operator, Trackademicks knows exactly what to say to set a romantic prospect at ease. Fresh off asking a chick to “meet [him] Halfway” on his last feature, the Bay Area rapper/producer busts out the “I just wanna Chill” line on his latest effort, a new single off his just-released album, Fresh Coastin’. In keeping with the project’s theme, Track keeps it light and breezy behind the boards; with his swirling synth chords and crisp percussion banging in the back, the headliner extends an open offer to a girl who’s interested, but hesitant to get intimate. Phonte and Freddie Gibbs lend their guest bars to the record, the Gary, Indiana gangsta showcasing unusual smoothness (”Ain’t stressin’ to get you nekkid, but I ain’t trippin’ if it happen though.”) as he eases a woman’s reservations about his line of work, while the Little Brother alum sips
Riesling as he spits game to a sexy law student. Complete with a seductive chorus by HNRL‘s 1-O.A.K., this is just one of many summery selections to be found on Fresh Coast, out now. In addition, fans should keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the Sept. 27, arrival of Track’s highly-anticipated LP, The Champagne Room.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)