Ever the smooth operator, Trackademicks knows exactly what to say to set a romantic prospect at ease. Fresh off asking a chick to “meet [him] Halfway” on his last feature, the Bay Area rapper/producer busts out the “I just wanna Chill” line on his latest effort, a new single off his just-released album, Fresh Coastin’. In keeping with the project’s theme, Track keeps it light and breezy behind the boards; with his swirling synth chords and crisp percussion banging in the back, the headliner extends an open offer to a girl who’s interested, but hesitant to get intimate. Phonte and Freddie Gibbs lend their guest bars to the record, the Gary, Indiana gangsta showcasing unusual smoothness (”Ain’t stressin’ to get you nekkid, but I ain’t trippin’ if it happen though.”) as he eases a woman’s reservations about his line of work, while the Little Brother alum sips
Riesling as he spits game to a sexy law student. Complete with a seductive chorus by HNRL‘s 1-O.A.K., this is just one of many summery selections to be found on Fresh Coast, out now. In addition, fans should keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the Sept. 27, arrival of Track’s highly-anticipated LP, The Champagne Room.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.