Having kicked off promotion for their forthcoming, Booth-hosted covers EP with last week’s reader-approved take on LCD Soundsystem’s Someone Great, Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. reach for a considerably deeper cut on the second world premiere off the project. If you recognize the tune of Goodbye Girl, a UK/New Zealand single off English New Wave/blue-eyed soul group Go West’s debut set, then give yourself a pat on the back—you’re a true connoisseur of ‘80s pop. Even if it’s new to you, however, you should find plenty to like about the duo’s rendition, which finds Track smoothing out the original’s jagged edges on the production tip as his partner puts a soulful spin on frontman Peter Cox’ original lyrics. After this fresh and unexpected re-imagining, the only question is, “What’s next?” (I’m holding out for a Scritti Politti cover, myself.) Watch for the DJBooth-hosted Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op to arrive on our frontpage Monday, December 10, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.