Having kicked off promotion for their forthcoming, Booth-hosted covers EP with last week’s reader-approved take on LCD Soundsystem’s Someone Great, Trackademicks and 1-O.A.K. reach for a considerably deeper cut on the second world premiere off the project. If you recognize the tune of Goodbye Girl, a UK/New Zealand single off English New Wave/blue-eyed soul group Go West’s debut set, then give yourself a pat on the back—you’re a true connoisseur of ‘80s pop. Even if it’s new to you, however, you should find plenty to like about the duo’s rendition, which finds Track smoothing out the original’s jagged edges on the production tip as his partner puts a soulful spin on frontman Peter Cox’ original lyrics. After this fresh and unexpected re-imagining, the only question is, “What’s next?” (I’m holding out for a Scritti Politti cover, myself.) Watch for the DJBooth-hosted Lovelorn: 2 Player Co-Op to arrive on our frontpage Monday, December 10, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fool on the Hill" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.