Trace Blam and his homies’ Styles may Vary, but I defy to listen to his debut feature and tell me they don’t go together like chocolate, peanut butter and… something else that goes with both chocolate and peanut butter. Part of an upcoming EP, this freshly-released single finds the Maryland representative flexing his lyrical muscles over a driving chopped-sample instrumental by Tom Delay. First in Flight State spitter Chaundon grabs the mic to deliver a rapid-fire opening 16, and fellow Hall of Justus affiliate L.E.G.A.C.Y. blows off a little steam on the middle verse, blasting his peers for “desecrating the culture I love.” While the project to which this joint is attached won’t be dropping till spring, you can tide yourself over by listening to Blam’s new 4 EP, released via Bandcamp earlier this week.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.