Trace Blam and his homies’ Styles may Vary, but I defy to listen to his debut feature and tell me they don’t go together like chocolate, peanut butter and… something else that goes with both chocolate and peanut butter. Part of an upcoming EP, this freshly-released single finds the Maryland representative flexing his lyrical muscles over a driving chopped-sample instrumental by Tom Delay. First in Flight State spitter Chaundon grabs the mic to deliver a rapid-fire opening 16, and fellow Hall of Justus affiliate L.E.G.A.C.Y. blows off a little steam on the middle verse, blasting his peers for “desecrating the culture I love.” While the project to which this joint is attached won’t be dropping till spring, you can tide yourself over by listening to Blam’s new 4 EP, released via Bandcamp earlier this week.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.