With his last two features garnering an almost five star average rating, Tory Lanez has Boothies falling head over heels in love with his unique, diverse style; fitting the title of his latest effort is Up (Fell In Love). On the aforementioned pair of features, Hate Me On The Low and Fourteen & 40’s, Lanez showcased his edgier side, but Up (Fell In Love) has a totally different vibe. Backed by a hazy beat from The MeKanics, full of stretched vocal samples, Lanez flexes his R&B muscles. With a sung-rapped flow, combining his edginess with soft touch, Lanez sings the praises of a girl he has officially fell in love with. He kicks it into another gear on the hook, belting out a powerful, strictly R&B chorus, which is so strong that it almost sounds like someone else; it isn’t often you hear an artist who can sing as well as they rhyme. There is plenty to look forward to on the T-Dot native’s forthcoming album, Conflicts of My Soul, due out this summer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!