With his last two features garnering an almost five star average rating, Tory Lanez has Boothies falling head over heels in love with his unique, diverse style; fitting the title of his latest effort is Up (Fell In Love). On the aforementioned pair of features, Hate Me On The Low and Fourteen & 40’s, Lanez showcased his edgier side, but Up (Fell In Love) has a totally different vibe. Backed by a hazy beat from The MeKanics, full of stretched vocal samples, Lanez flexes his R&B muscles. With a sung-rapped flow, combining his edginess with soft touch, Lanez sings the praises of a girl he has officially fell in love with. He kicks it into another gear on the hook, belting out a powerful, strictly R&B chorus, which is so strong that it almost sounds like someone else; it isn’t often you hear an artist who can sing as well as they rhyme. There is plenty to look forward to on the T-Dot native’s forthcoming album, Conflicts of My Soul, due out this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.