Ladies, take heed: for fellas who weren’t lucky enough to be born with the “smooth-talker” gene (or the closely-related “immune to embarrassment” gene), there are few prospects more intimidating than that of walking up and introducing oneself to a beautiful female. Tory Lanez knows what I’m talking about; though Sean Kingston clearly thought the Ontario native was a good enough catch to sign to his T.I.M.E. label, the artist’s first Booth feature finds him suffering from a crisis of confidence as he ponders whether to Say Hello to a chick who’s been staring at him from across the room. Over Boi-1da‘s upbeat, piano-led boardwork, the Booth newcomer paints a vivid lyrical portrait of indecision, struggling to muster up the courage to take the plunge. While the joint ends with Lanez still standing on the precipice, hoping the girl in question will make the first move, the buzzmaker’s breathless flows and melodically smooth chorus vocals should provide everything R&B fans need to jump on his bandwagon. Craving more? Then you’re in luck – Tory’s newly-released Mr. Peterson mixtape is just a few mouse-clicks away.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Remembrance Day" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.