Ladies, take heed: for fellas who weren’t lucky enough to be born with the “smooth-talker” gene (or the closely-related “immune to embarrassment” gene), there are few prospects more intimidating than that of walking up and introducing oneself to a beautiful female. Tory Lanez knows what I’m talking about; though Sean Kingston clearly thought the Ontario native was a good enough catch to sign to his T.I.M.E. label, the artist’s first Booth feature finds him suffering from a crisis of confidence as he ponders whether to Say Hello to a chick who’s been staring at him from across the room. Over Boi-1da‘s upbeat, piano-led boardwork, the Booth newcomer paints a vivid lyrical portrait of indecision, struggling to muster up the courage to take the plunge. While the joint ends with Lanez still standing on the precipice, hoping the girl in question will make the first move, the buzzmaker’s breathless flows and melodically smooth chorus vocals should provide everything R&B fans need to jump on his bandwagon. Craving more? Then you’re in luck – Tory’s newly-released Mr. Peterson mixtape is just a few mouse-clicks away.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Remembrance Day" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.