When you’re as young, fresh and fly as Tory Lanez, every day is your lucky day, even Friday [the] 13th. Fresh off making an explosive impact in the Booth with his first feature, the hater-blocking Remembrance Day, the T-Dot emcee/singer returns to showcase his swagger anew on the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape. As on the aforementioned cut, Lanez and Tokyo Monster collaborate on the production tip, bringing a haunting Chipmunked/reversed sample to a simmer over a headnodic, hi-hat driven percussion rhythm. On the lyrical, Tory attacks the mic with suave self-confidence, talking up his finances and his sexual prowess in flows alternately chill and energetic: “Money as long as a flatline n*gga, now I’m in a b*tch back like ‘That my n*gga.’” To top it all off, he showcases his versatility with a disarmingly smooth chorus. Time to weigh in: did Lanez kill this one, Jason Voorhees style? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, then don’t touch that dial. While his latest street album, Sincerely, Tory, has yet to receive a solid drop date, we in The DJBooth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.