When you’re as young, fresh and fly as Tory Lanez, every day is your lucky day, even Friday [the] 13th. Fresh off making an explosive impact in the Booth with his first feature, the hater-blocking Remembrance Day, the T-Dot emcee/singer returns to showcase his swagger anew on the latest leak off his forthcoming mixtape. As on the aforementioned cut, Lanez and Tokyo Monster collaborate on the production tip, bringing a haunting Chipmunked/reversed sample to a simmer over a headnodic, hi-hat driven percussion rhythm. On the lyrical, Tory attacks the mic with suave self-confidence, talking up his finances and his sexual prowess in flows alternately chill and energetic: “Money as long as a flatline n*gga, now I’m in a b*tch back like ‘That my n*gga.’” To top it all off, he showcases his versatility with a disarmingly smooth chorus. Time to weigh in: did Lanez kill this one, Jason Voorhees style? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, then don’t touch that dial. While his latest street album, Sincerely, Tory, has yet to receive a solid drop date, we in The DJBooth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.