When I was 14, I was busy playing Grand Theft Auto and Halo and watching Spongebob. Tory Lanez may have enjoyed those activities as well, but his 14th year holds a deeper significance: that’s when he first picked up the mic. On Fourteen & 40’s, Lanez assures listeners he has been on his grind since before he could drive a car. His verses, delivered in a unique, grainy flow, testify to the years of practice under his belt. The Mekanics (who co-produced the cut alongside Lanez), too, show that they have been at it for a while, creating an edgy beat sampled from Method Man and MJB‘s You’re All I Need. Fourteen & 40’s is the second song release off Tory Lanez’ next project, the currently-unscheduled Conflicts of My Soul.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!