When I was 14, I was busy playing Grand Theft Auto and Halo and watching Spongebob. Tory Lanez may have enjoyed those activities as well, but his 14th year holds a deeper significance: that’s when he first picked up the mic. On Fourteen & 40’s, Lanez assures listeners he has been on his grind since before he could drive a car. His verses, delivered in a unique, grainy flow, testify to the years of practice under his belt. The Mekanics (who co-produced the cut alongside Lanez), too, show that they have been at it for a while, creating an edgy beat sampled from Method Man and MJB‘s You’re All I Need. Fourteen & 40’s is the second song release off Tory Lanez’ next project, the currently-unscheduled Conflicts of My Soul.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.