When I was 14, I was busy playing Grand Theft Auto and Halo and watching Spongebob. Tory Lanez may have enjoyed those activities as well, but his 14th year holds a deeper significance: that’s when he first picked up the mic. On Fourteen & 40’s, Lanez assures listeners he has been on his grind since before he could drive a car. His verses, delivered in a unique, grainy flow, testify to the years of practice under his belt. The Mekanics (who co-produced the cut alongside Lanez), too, show that they have been at it for a while, creating an edgy beat sampled from Method Man and MJB‘s You’re All I Need. Fourteen & 40’s is the second song release off Tory Lanez’ next project, the currently-unscheduled Conflicts of My Soul.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/29/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.