Broadcast from 1984-1995, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous shaped the “Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams” of a generation—and nowhere is its influence clearer than in the visions of opulence described in rap lyrics. The latest in a long tradition of emcees to fantasize about getting “up close and personal with Robin Leach,” T-Dot wunderkind Tory Lanez rhymes about the lavish lifestyle that lies in his future on a brand new promo single. Of course, mo’ money tends to bring mo’ problems along with it, and the emcee doesn’t neglect to work the haters and disloyal women into the picture he paints over Cardiak‘s swanky, string/piano production. While this promotional cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those digging it can hear more on Lanez’ latest street album, May’s Sincerely Tory.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.