Broadcast from 1984-1995, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous shaped the “Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams” of a generation—and nowhere is its influence clearer than in the visions of opulence described in rap lyrics. The latest in a long tradition of emcees to fantasize about getting “up close and personal with Robin Leach,” T-Dot wunderkind Tory Lanez rhymes about the lavish lifestyle that lies in his future on a brand new promo single. Of course, mo’ money tends to bring mo’ problems along with it, and the emcee doesn’t neglect to work the haters and disloyal women into the picture he paints over Cardiak‘s swanky, string/piano production. While this promotional cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those digging it can hear more on Lanez’ latest street album, May’s Sincerely Tory.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.