Broadcast from 1984-1995, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous shaped the “Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams” of a generation—and nowhere is its influence clearer than in the visions of opulence described in rap lyrics. The latest in a long tradition of emcees to fantasize about getting “up close and personal with Robin Leach,” T-Dot wunderkind Tory Lanez rhymes about the lavish lifestyle that lies in his future on a brand new promo single. Of course, mo’ money tends to bring mo’ problems along with it, and the emcee doesn’t neglect to work the haters and disloyal women into the picture he paints over Cardiak‘s swanky, string/piano production. While this promotional cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those digging it can hear more on Lanez’ latest street album, May’s Sincerely Tory.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.