Broadcast from 1984-1995, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous shaped the “Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams” of a generation—and nowhere is its influence clearer than in the visions of opulence described in rap lyrics. The latest in a long tradition of emcees to fantasize about getting “up close and personal with Robin Leach,” T-Dot wunderkind Tory Lanez rhymes about the lavish lifestyle that lies in his future on a brand new promo single. Of course, mo’ money tends to bring mo’ problems along with it, and the emcee doesn’t neglect to work the haters and disloyal women into the picture he paints over Cardiak‘s swanky, string/piano production. While this promotional cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those digging it can hear more on Lanez’ latest street album, May’s Sincerely Tory.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)