Broadcast from 1984-1995, Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous shaped the “Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams” of a generation—and nowhere is its influence clearer than in the visions of opulence described in rap lyrics. The latest in a long tradition of emcees to fantasize about getting “up close and personal with Robin Leach,” T-Dot wunderkind Tory Lanez rhymes about the lavish lifestyle that lies in his future on a brand new promo single. Of course, mo’ money tends to bring mo’ problems along with it, and the emcee doesn’t neglect to work the haters and disloyal women into the picture he paints over Cardiak‘s swanky, string/piano production. While this promotional cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those digging it can hear more on Lanez’ latest street album, May’s Sincerely Tory.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.