Fresh off his guest contribution to Anyway, the reader-approved debut feature from DJ Carisma, indie buzzmaker Tory Lanez—who happens to be celebrating his birthday today—returns with a fresh promo single of his own. 40 Days n 40 Nights starts out as a whip-ready paean to the hustle, with Lanez delivering gritty bars over a moody synth/sample beat by Syksense & The Mekanics. On the back, however, the artist reveals that his faith in God has allowed him to escape from the street life, and busts out some soft, sung vocals for the record’s hazy coda. This joint was released as part of the artist’s Fargo Fridays series. Keep it locked for future installments, as well as updates on anything else Lanez may have on the agenda.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.