Fresh off his guest contribution to Anyway, the reader-approved debut feature from DJ Carisma, indie buzzmaker Tory Lanez—who happens to be celebrating his birthday today—returns with a fresh promo single of his own. 40 Days n 40 Nights starts out as a whip-ready paean to the hustle, with Lanez delivering gritty bars over a moody synth/sample beat by Syksense & The Mekanics. On the back, however, the artist reveals that his faith in God has allowed him to escape from the street life, and busts out some soft, sung vocals for the record’s hazy coda. This joint was released as part of the artist’s Fargo Fridays series. Keep it locked for future installments, as well as updates on anything else Lanez may have on the agenda.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Hello" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.