NYC emcee Torae‘s first foray into the Booth may have been a bit of a misstep; Somethin’ to See found the rapper arguing that hip-hop needed some replenishin’ and he was the man for the job, but several site members were critical, accusing him of bringing nothing new to the table. Now, more than nine months later, Torae is back, and he’s looking to prove that he’s an underground emcee listeners can count on. Wun Tu Thr3, the T. Dragonette-produced B-side to single Switch, opens with a soulful sample and rides a repeated saxophone chord as Torae states his case, deflecting the naysayers and expressing a desire to let his music speak for itself. Will making a good second impression on DJBooth regulars be as easy as Wun Tu Thr3? As always, that’s for you to tell us.
Listen to More: Torae
Written by richard on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.