NYC emcee Torae‘s first foray into the Booth may have been a bit of a misstep; Somethin’ to See found the rapper arguing that hip-hop needed some replenishin’ and he was the man for the job, but several site members were critical, accusing him of bringing nothing new to the table. Now, more than nine months later, Torae is back, and he’s looking to prove that he’s an underground emcee listeners can count on. Wun Tu Thr3, the T. Dragonette-produced B-side to single Switch, opens with a soulful sample and rides a repeated saxophone chord as Torae states his case, deflecting the naysayers and expressing a desire to let his music speak for itself. Will making a good second impression on DJBooth regulars be as easy as Wun Tu Thr3? As always, that’s for you to tell us.
Listen to More: Torae
Written by richard on 12/11/08
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.