NYC emcee Torae‘s first foray into the Booth may have been a bit of a misstep; Somethin’ to See found the rapper arguing that hip-hop needed some replenishin’ and he was the man for the job, but several site members were critical, accusing him of bringing nothing new to the table. Now, more than nine months later, Torae is back, and he’s looking to prove that he’s an underground emcee listeners can count on. Wun Tu Thr3, the T. Dragonette-produced B-side to single Switch, opens with a soulful sample and rides a repeated saxophone chord as Torae states his case, deflecting the naysayers and expressing a desire to let his music speak for itself. Will making a good second impression on DJBooth regulars be as easy as Wun Tu Thr3? As always, that’s for you to tell us.
Listen to More: Torae Written by richard
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.