For many young artists the club is the place to be to indulge in a lavish, excess-driven lifestyle. For a seasoned veteran like Torae, however, the club isn’t sophisticated enough; he prefers to have a swanky Soirée. With his commanding, tenacious flow the Coney Island native lets listeners know what his Soirée includes; there are ladies giving him the eye, bottles being popped and possibly a few pills, you know, should you want to make it a night you won’t forget (and probably won’t remember). The Kid Daytona makes a guest appearance at the festivities, as his gritty flow serves as a party favor to round out the track. Soirée can be found on Torae’s free, DJBooth-hosted mixtape, Admission of Guilt, which also includes What’s Love? and Cash Still Rules.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.