For many young artists the club is the place to be to indulge in a lavish, excess-driven lifestyle. For a seasoned veteran like Torae, however, the club isn’t sophisticated enough; he prefers to have a swanky Soirée. With his commanding, tenacious flow the Coney Island native lets listeners know what his Soirée includes; there are ladies giving him the eye, bottles being popped and possibly a few pills, you know, should you want to make it a night you won’t forget (and probably won’t remember). The Kid Daytona makes a guest appearance at the festivities, as his gritty flow serves as a party favor to round out the track. Soirée can be found on Torae’s free, DJBooth-hosted mixtape, Admission of Guilt, which also includes What’s Love? and Cash Still Rules.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.