For many young artists the club is the place to be to indulge in a lavish, excess-driven lifestyle. For a seasoned veteran like Torae, however, the club isn’t sophisticated enough; he prefers to have a swanky Soirée. With his commanding, tenacious flow the Coney Island native lets listeners know what his Soirée includes; there are ladies giving him the eye, bottles being popped and possibly a few pills, you know, should you want to make it a night you won’t forget (and probably won’t remember). The Kid Daytona makes a guest appearance at the festivities, as his gritty flow serves as a party favor to round out the track. Soirée can be found on Torae’s free, DJBooth-hosted mixtape, Admission of Guilt, which also includes What’s Love? and Cash Still Rules.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.