In a genre populated by crossover hits and R&B/rap hybrids, hip-hop needs its hardcore counter-balance to ring loud and true in order for things to level out a bit. Rapper Torae felt more than obliged to drop a new in-your-face “call out” style track with his new Coalmine Records 5-year anniversary joint, Real Talk, produced by Young Cee. The slow tempo piano and horn laced beat allows Torae to inundate the listener with clear thoughts and views on the modern state of hip-hop and his dismay for the hybrid class of artists. This track is tough and serves as a good reminder of Torae’s skills and abilities when rocking a microphone. For more reminders, be sure to cop Torae’s For the Record album, streaming now via The DJBooth.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
Internal Affairs Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somethin' To See" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.