Bay Area legend Too $hort has released his 17th album, Get Off The Stage; his last on Jive Records. On the new LP he teams up with fellow Bay Area legend E-40 for a reworked version of I Love The Bay’s last track, This My One. The song features Short Dawg & 40 Water describing the Hyphy lifestyle; a movement which has gained national attention since 40 flipped Tell Me When To Go. E-40’s son, Droop-E, joins in to stunt like his daddy and provides a simplistic percussion beat that will have you ghost riding the whip from Vallejo to San Jose. Get Off The Stage is available now.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Lose Ya Head ft. Too Short" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.