Bay Area legend Too $hort has released his 17th album, Get Off The Stage; his last on Jive Records. On the new LP he teams up with fellow Bay Area legend E-40 for a reworked version of I Love The Bay’s last track, This My One. The song features Short Dawg & 40 Water describing the Hyphy lifestyle; a movement which has gained national attention since 40 flipped Tell Me When To Go. E-40’s son, Droop-E, joins in to stunt like his daddy and provides a simplistic percussion beat that will have you ghost riding the whip from Vallejo to San Jose. Get Off The Stage is available now.
Written by Burmy on 12/3/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Lose Ya Head ft. Too Short" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.